Submitting a Poster Presentation
Please submit your presentation and any applicable supporting information via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 24, 2021 by 11:59 PM.
- Prepare to submit the following to email@example.com by no later than Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 11:59pm.
- Name of Poster Presenter(s)
- Poster saved as a .PNG or .JPG with the standard poster size of 48”W x 36”H
- Poster Presentation Video (2 – 5 minutes)
- Refer to OUR Symposium Poster Presentation Site for examples
- Create your Poster using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Record and save your Poster Presentation using video.
- PowerPoint offers one of the easiest methods to record your presentation with video and audio. For information on how to record your presentation, please visit Microsoft’s step-by-step guide.
- Zoom can also be used as a tool for recording video presentations. Schedule a Meeting > Start Video > Share Screen > Record.
- If using Zoom, you can create a talking head which appears on your presentation. Refer to this YouTube video (1-minute mark) for step by step instructions: https://youtu.be/WjwZTRve3Zc.
- Laptop, video recorder, and smartphone recordings will also be accepted if the previous PowerPoint or Zoom recording option is not feasible.
- Upload your poster file and video to NIPM Google Drive (please contact
In order to ensure accessibility for students and attendees of all ability levels, please upload your presentations to uphold to UNLV’s accessibility standards. All presenters are asked to upload such complementing resources to ensure that all site visitors are able to obtain all presentation information.
To do this, please ensure the following requirements are met:
- All video recordings must have closed captioning enabled.
- All PowerPoint presentations must follow principals and standards to ensure accessibility standards. Please see instructions at https://webaim.org/techniques/powerpoint/
Attending the Symposium
Thank you for presenting your research at the 2021 NIPM Virtual Symposium! Once you submit your presentation by Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 11:59pm, please join us in viewing your peers’ presentations, provide feedback through making comments on the website prior beginning Monday, March 1, 2021, until the day of the symposium on Thursday, March 4, 2021.
Using the comment function, all symposium attendees will have the opportunity to interactively engage with fellow researchers, faculty, and others, prior to the day of the event. Please join us, browse all the presentation pages, and provide feedback beginning Monday, March 1, 2021. On the day of the symposium, Thursday, March 4, 2021, poster presenters and attendees will connect via Zoom breakout sessions during coffee/lunch breaks. Please refer to the Agenda for timing.